The Capittini rice factory was founded in 1881 by Giuseppe Capittini.
In the early years, activities were limited to milling (the processing of cereals for
third parties using three millstones) and the production of seed oil, sold in the locally area.
The Capittini brothers (Pietro, Valentino and Livio) then began rice hulling during the
second world war.
Over the years, as the demand for rice increased, the technique of rice hulling was
further improved, allowing the Capittini rice factory to achieve a highly-esteemed quality
rice. Today, with the fifth generation, the members of the Capittini rice factory
are able to offer their customers a selected product which is guaranteed in terms of
freshness and quality (dyes and preservatives are never used), thanks to the use of
sofisticated machinery and advanced technologies.